The SAMC4-140TA and SAMC4-520TA systems are multichamber small animal metabolic systems suitable for recording and measuring:
- Respiratory Quotient (RQ)
- O2 consumed and CO2 expired.
Measurements from upto 4 chamber can be made using this system
Each system includes:
- IX-TA-220 Recorder
- iWire-GA1 Gas Analyzer
- A-GA-8 Gas Switcher
- 4 Animal Chambers ( 1.4L or 5.2L)
- LabScribe Software with the Metabolic Calculations Module+
- A-CAL-200 Calibration Kit
- Luer connectors and tubing to get started.
The SAMC4-140TA has a 1.4 Liter chamber and the SAMC4-520TA has a 5.2 Liter chamber; each comes with a tray and tubing.
Experiment Setup for RER measurement.
Predota, Alyssa Mae. Pumping iron: Exploring the systemic impacts of dietary iron and fat in mice. Diss. Ashland University, 2016.