Minimum OS Requirements:
- PC – Win10 – 4GB RAM
- MacOS 10.15 (or later)
New Users: The equipment comes with a Temporary User Name and Password, so that you can immediately get started with your system by downloading and installing the software. You must register as a User with your own UN and PW. The one that comes with the kit may be shared with your IT dept. as needed.
Log on and download software
Go to the User Area.
Choose the correct category that matches your kit.
View the Video Tutorial – Installing LabScribe
Download and install the Complete Installer for your operating system.
**You need Administrative Access to your lab computers to install the software to the lab computers. Once installed you should see a LabScribe shortcut on your desktop. If you do not have Administrative Access, please contact your IT department.
NOTE: for IT Depts. doing the installation: All Users must be able to save to the local drive. They will need permissions to write to C:UsersUSERNAMEAppDataLocalLabScribe
- Open LabScribe by double-clicking the shortcut
- If the iWorx hardware box is not plugged in and turned on – you MUST choose your iWorx hardware from the list. Please choose the correct hardware (IX-TA, iwx214, etc…).
- Click “Settings” on the LabScribe toolbar
- Click “Load Group” – a new window will open with some folders
- Choose the Settings folder:
“Complete Settings” folder for Teaching
“Health Sciences” folder for Health Sciences
“Behaviorial Marketing” folder for Behaviorial Marketing
“Fitness Assessment” folder for Fitness Trainers
“Research Settings” and then the Device folder for Research
- A new window will open with the lab folders with groups at the bottom, such as IPLMv6Complete.iwxgrp.
VERY IMPORTANT – DO NOT TRY to open individual folders – it will NOT work – you must load the settings group.
- Double-click the group of interest or click “Open”
- The window will close, and you will be back to the original LabScribe recording window.
Accessing the Experiment Settings and Protocols
- On the LabScribe Recording window – Click “Settings”
- You should now see a list of Experiments. They may be in folders.
- When you click on any lab exercise two windows will open:
1) a PDF of the lab exercise setup for that experiment
2) a LabScribe recording window with the settings needed to run the lab exercise.
- For most Experiments, additional documents are available under the EXPERIMENT tab on the menu bar, such as documents for: Background, Lab exercises, and any other supporting documentation.
Click on “Tutorial” to do one of the tutorial exercises to get you familiar with the equipment if you are a first time user.
If you have purchased an Advanced Analysis module. Go to Advanced, click the Analysis module you have purchased, enter your User Name and serial number that you were provided upon purchase. Directions for using the module can be found under Help – Manual.